天天婷婷|大尺度未删减**电影|电影未删减大尺度|风声在线观看完整版免费观看全集,刀客家族电视剧在线观看,韩剧还生电视剧在线观看,欧美中出

Bangladesh flood victims receive money via mobile transfers in UN relief project

Source: Xinhua| 2019-07-24 05:04:31|Editor: Mu Xuequan
Video PlayerClose

UNITED NATIONS, July 23 (Xinhua) -- Some 25,000 flood victims in Bangladesh have received money through mobile transfers in a UN relief project, a UN spokesman said Tuesday.

Farhan Haq, deputy spokesman for the UN secretary-general, said in the World Food Programme's relief efforts, an innovative project, which uses weather forecasts to trigger early actions such as cash transfers, is being used for the first time.

He said some 5,000 households, or 25,000 of the most vulnerable people, have received money through mobile transfers as part of the project.

The WFP is working with the government of Bangladesh to help more than 275,000 people affected by flooding in the country's northwest, he said.

More than 2 million people have been affected in nearly one third of Bangladesh's 64 districts, according to the government of Bangladesh.

UN humanitarian partners reported earlier that at least 30 people had been killed by monsoon rain-triggered landslides and flooding in parts of Bangladesh.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011105091382520421