天天婷婷|大尺度未删减**电影|电影未删减大尺度|风声在线观看完整版免费观看全集,刀客家族电视剧在线观看,韩剧还生电视剧在线观看,欧美中出

Taliban kidnap buses in northern province, 100 Afghan passengers released

Source: Xinhua| 2018-08-20 17:58:36|Editor: xuxin
Video PlayerClose

KUNDUZ, Afghanistan, Aug. 20 (Xinhua) -- Local authorities secured the safe release of 100 passengers kidnapped by the Taliban in Afghanistan's northern Kunduz province on Monday, a provincial government spokesman said.

"So far, we have been able to set free 100 passengers including women and children and efforts for the release of others are underway," Esmat Muradi told Xinhua.

Local authorities, according to the official, have been trying through military means as well as mediation by elders to ensure the safe release of the remaining 25 others.

Earlier in the day, Hayatullah Amiri, the governor of Khan Abad district, told Xinhua that Taliban militants kidnapped three passenger buses along with 150 passengers on the road linking Khan Abad to Kunduz provincial capital the Kunduz city.

Meantime, a Taliban local commander has confirmed the incident and said, "Except 21 persons who are government employees all the remaining people have been freed."

The Taliban official spokesman has yet to make comment on the incident.

The abduction of passenger buses occurred just a day after Afghan President Ashraf Ghani announced a three-month conditional ceasefire from Aug. 20, calling upon Taliban outfit to follow suit.

The Taliban group has yet to respond to the government's ceasefire offer.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001374046881