"/>

天天婷婷|大尺度未删减**电影|电影未删减大尺度|风声在线观看完整版免费观看全集,刀客家族电视剧在线观看,韩剧还生电视剧在线观看,欧美中出

Maldives gov't invites int'l development partners to assess current situation
Source: Xinhua   2018-02-08 21:04:06

MALE, Feb. 8 (Xinhua) -- The Maldivian government has invited its foreign development partners to visit the island country to assess the current situation, the country's foreign ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

The foreign ministry assured the international community that despite the declaration of the state of emergency on Feb. 5, no curfew had been imposed and general movement of people, services and businesses would not be affected.

The statement said the state of emergency addresses certain internal aspects of governance and affects mostly the capital island Male, not tourist resorts, tourist islands and tourism in general.

"Life in the Maldives continues as normal with all places of work, businesses, schools, government and social services, travel, including all domestic and international airports, and leisure facilities all remaining fully open and operational," the foreign ministry said.

The Maldives has been plunged into a political crisis following last week's Supreme Court ruling ordering the release of nine opposition leaders including self-exiled former president Mohamed Nasheed.

On Monday night, Maldivian President Abdulla Yameen declared a 15-day state of emergency. Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom and Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed were arrested shortly after the state of emergency was declared, on charges of plotting to overthrow the government.

Yameen, in his address to the nation on Tuesday, accused the chief justice of being bribed to issue last week's court order, in a bid to overthrow the government.

The Supreme Court rescinded its landmark ruling late Tuesday.

Editor: pengying
Related News
Xinhuanet

Maldives gov't invites int'l development partners to assess current situation

Source: Xinhua 2018-02-08 21:04:06
[Editor: huaxia]

MALE, Feb. 8 (Xinhua) -- The Maldivian government has invited its foreign development partners to visit the island country to assess the current situation, the country's foreign ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

The foreign ministry assured the international community that despite the declaration of the state of emergency on Feb. 5, no curfew had been imposed and general movement of people, services and businesses would not be affected.

The statement said the state of emergency addresses certain internal aspects of governance and affects mostly the capital island Male, not tourist resorts, tourist islands and tourism in general.

"Life in the Maldives continues as normal with all places of work, businesses, schools, government and social services, travel, including all domestic and international airports, and leisure facilities all remaining fully open and operational," the foreign ministry said.

The Maldives has been plunged into a political crisis following last week's Supreme Court ruling ordering the release of nine opposition leaders including self-exiled former president Mohamed Nasheed.

On Monday night, Maldivian President Abdulla Yameen declared a 15-day state of emergency. Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom and Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed were arrested shortly after the state of emergency was declared, on charges of plotting to overthrow the government.

Yameen, in his address to the nation on Tuesday, accused the chief justice of being bribed to issue last week's court order, in a bid to overthrow the government.

The Supreme Court rescinded its landmark ruling late Tuesday.

[Editor: huaxia]
010020070750000000000000011100001369598481